Summer weather is not yet here and we’ll have to use our furnaces in Manhattan, KS for a little while longer. At this point in the long heating season, you may have noticed a strange noise emitting from your furnace. It may be irritating to you and your family because it’s so loud, or it seems so unusual that you can’t possibly imagine what’s going on in there. In either case, repairing your furnace at the first sign of a problem is critical to ensuring that your home heating system is secure for the years to come. For comprehensive furnace repair in Manhattan, KS, call Standard Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning today!
Let’s take a look at some strange noises and their possible causes.
- Squealing. If you notice a high pitched and very irritating squealing coming out of your furnace unit, it may remind you of starting your car on a very cold day. The belt that connects your blower motor to the fan can become loose or worn with age. When this happens, it squeals.
- Grinding. If it sounds as though you had dumped a bunch of metal pieces into a garbage disposal, there is probably a grinding problem. What exactly is grinding together may have to be determined by a pro, but one common culprit is the blower motor. If so, this problem can cause serious damage to your system, and should be dealt with immediately.
- Rattling. If you hear a rattling sound in or around your furnace, then it may be the cover panels vibrating. They will need to be reattached or safety reasons and to keep out dust and debris.
- Rumbling. If you hear very low rumbling noises coming from your furnace, then it may be in need of lubrication.
- Clicking. If your furnace clicks just before it shuts down, then it may be a gas valve leak, which can be dangerous.
Whatever the reason for your furnace’s strange noise, it’s important that you handle it sooner than later. After all, your heating system is a major piece of equipment and repair and routine maintenance are necessary to keep it working well. For furnace repair in Manhattan, KS, call Standard Plumbing, Heating & Air Conditioning today!